Need dessert? A quick treat? With only 10 minutes prep time?
Recipe: Nana bakes an apple
• 1 large firm baking apple (Granny apple is best).
• small lump of sweet butter
• 1 tbs maple syrup (or brown sugar)
• optional: sprinkle of cinnamon
• about 8 ounces of water
1. Wash the apple thoroughly. Core it, but not all the way to the bottom.
2. Remove seeds with small spoon.
3. Put maple syrup or brown sugar into apple core.
4. Add sprinkle of cinnamon. Top off with lump of sweet butter.
5. Place apple in small baking dish. Add water.
6. Bake in pre-heated 375 degree oven until apple is soft (about 15 minutes)
Pour half-and-half, milk, or yogurt into and over apple.
You can also serve with vanilla ice cream.