Great taste and only 570 calories!
Recipe: Easy Cheesy Chicken Dinner*
Ingredients for 4
• 1 cup uncooked wild rice blend
• 16 ounces button mushrooms, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 2&1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
• 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
• 4 (6- to 7-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 2 cups packed arugula leaves
Prep (Total time: 40 minutes)
• Cook rice according to package directions.
• Preheat oven to 450ºF. Place wire rack on rimmed baking sheet.
• In medium bowl, toss mushrooms, parsley, oil, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• In small bowl, stir together mayonnaise. Parmesan cheese, and remaining salt and pepper.
Spread evenly over tops of chicken breasts.
• Place chicken in single layer on prepared wire rack in oven. Bake 12 minutes. Raise oven heat to broil and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through and golden brown—about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from oven.
• Toss arugula and mushroom mixture together.
Chicken, mixed riced and arugula/mushroom salad can all be served on one dinner plate, or arugula/mushroom salad can be served separately.
Corn bread or muffins (extra calories, but worth it). Try Lynne’s Apple Cake for dessert.
*Note: This recipe and others you might like to try can be found at www.realsimple.com.
For more information:
• realsimple.com - Includes this recipe, reviews, and detailed nutritional info.