With the right ingredients on hand, this winter favorite takes 1.5 hours prep time, start to finish!
Recipe: Fast Homemade Chicken Soup
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
• 1 quart canned or boxed chicken broth (organic preferred)
• 1 small- to medium-sized onion, diced
• 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
• 4 medium-sized, skinned, deboned chicken thighs (organic preferred)
• 1 whole celery stalk (including top leaves), sliced small
• 1/4 teaspoon, dried dill weed
• Salt and pepper, to taste (remember that the chicken broth comes pre-salted)
Place all ingredients in a large covered pot. Bring to fast boil. Immediately lower heat and cook soup over low flame until chicken thighs and celery bits are thoroughly done. Remove thighs from pot, cut into small pieces and return to pot.
Serve soup plain, or with egg noodles, rice, or dumplings. (Note: Don’t store egg noodles in left-over soup—they get mushy.)