Before food processors, potato pancakes were a pain to make. Not any more!
Recipe: Potato Pancakes
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 SERVINGS
3 cups of peeled, shredded potatoes - drain off excess fluid
1/4 cup grated onion
2 eggs, beaten
6 saltine crackers, crushed
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup vegetable oil
• Mix potatoes, onion, eggs, crackers, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl.
• Pour enough vegetable oil into a skillet to fill about 1/2-inch deep; heat skillet on
• Place spoonfuls of potato mixture into hot oil following these steps:
1. Pick up spoonful of mixture.
2. Press out any excess liquid with fork.
3. Drop potato mixture into hot oil, slightly flattening each pancake with the back of your spoon.
• Fry in hot oil until browned and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
• Drain pancakes on a plate lined with a paper towel.
With a meat meal, serve with applesauce. Also delicious with sour cream or plain yogurt.
Note: This is one of several potato pancake recipes found on allrecipes.com.